Dryer ventilation is an issue many people have faced for a long time, and it is still a big issue. There are numerous factors that can lead to problems with clogged dryer vents which are dangerous. Unfortunately, it is not possible for everybody to clean it; even if you try hard to clean it, it still remains somewhat dirty. Many homeowners remember to have the filter changed regularly on their HVAC system to prevent dusty air being circulated throughout their homes, but it’s equally important to have your dryer duct system cleaned. During the cleaning, air ducts are swept out and all dust and debris are removed from the forced air and HVAC system.
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
If you are looking to improve the quality of air that you breathe and get the most out of your AC or furnace, it’s likely time to call a professional who specializes in residential and industrial air duct cleaning. Not only will you extend the life of your appliances, but you’ll notice a difference in the functionality and efficiency of your system.
If it’s been a while since your last residential or industrial air duct cleaning, here are five benefits to expect from cleaning the dryer and air ducts:
- Money Savings - Removal of dust and debris from the coils of the air duct greatly reduces energy consumption rate. So this will help save substantial amount money on your monthly bills.
- Improved Health - The air quality of the house is usually important in terms of the internal air conditions. Dust, air contaminants, and toxic substances such as mold and mouse waste are frequently found in the heating, cooling, and ventilation systems. If air flow vents aren’t cleaned out frequently, these contaminants can be emitted in your home and may cause significant illness
- Improved HVAC System Durability - Approximately 9 out of 10 heating and air conditioner systems malfunction or fail simply due to lack of routine maintenance performed on a regular schedule. The maintenance costs in terms of spare parts and the labor required in the heating, cooling, or ventilation system are significantly cheaper compared to the costs of replacing the entire system.
- Reduced Allergens - In instances where family members have allergies, the air duct cleaning usually promotes a healthy environment to prevent disease breakout. This will also save you in the long term as you and your family will suffer less from illness.
- Odor Elimination - A musty scent in your house may imply that dust, fungi, or mildew might be inhabiting the air ventilation systems. These odors can’t be removed just by using air fresheners. Having professionals clean your ducts will remove the smell completely.
Dryer Duct Cleaning & Safety Tips
Not only is it important to schedule air duct cleaning, but it's also important to schedule dryer duct cleaning as well. Clogged dryer ducts can be dangerous and are one of the leading causes of house fires! The experts at Fresh Air Duct Cleaning outline some important dryer duct cleaning and safety tips below:
- Always make sure that your lint catcher has no rips and that you clean the lint from it before every drying cycle. If the lint is wet on your lint entice, it may mean that it is time to clean your dryer vents. Also, the lint screen should be gently cleaned every week and washed with light laundry soap.
- Always examine your exterior vent hood visually on the side of your home when it is working. And make sure the flaps are moving; are you able to feel any airflow? If not, then it is time to have your dryer system cleaned and your dryer inspected.
- You should always examine around your dryer for loose lint on the ground. This could be a warning that your dryer system needs a cleaning.
- If your garments are taking more than one cycle to dry, this might signify that your dryer system is not properly ventilating and needs to be cleaned promptly.
- Never dry any garments or rags that are soaked/coated with any flammable substances (such as gasoline, oil, etc.). This can cause a fire or possible explosion when exposed to the heat of the dryer.
Remember, it is necessary for you to take care of your ducts and professionals can help. Professional services, especially if you live in Los Angeles, can make a big difference in your home and dryer ventilation systems. They have the proper tools and training to ensure that your home is efficient and safe.
Call Fresh Aire Duct Cleaning today at (818) 275-5556 or contact us online to learn more about the benefits of air duct cleaning in Los Angeles!